Friday, January 23, 2009

post 16

What a really crazy day.

After three weeks of tubes, wires, monitors, alarms, tests, doctors, nurses, waiting, wondering, and praying, we are finally home.

We were excused from Abington Hospital this afternoon at about 3:00 With a lengthy list of prescriptions and equipment.I left to fulfill the requirements of said list with Michael safely deposited in the relative peace and quiet of home and under the watchfull eye of my father.
Relative being the operative word here!
I arrived home about two hours later with all the required items, plus our three dogs, who have been with a friend since new years eve. Shortly thereafter Maxie arrived at the train station. Home from school to be with her Daddy for the weekend.

So here we are, as it should be. Kids, dogs, grandparents, and lots of love.

Michael is still working hard to recover and allow his heart to grow stronger. And we are so happy to be together to help him. The next few weeks should be interesting.
So I'll say goodnight for now.
Thanks again for the messages and donations, which are growing day, by day. Michael is deeply honored that so many people care so much.
I will continue to keep you posted on his progress. Keep the messages coming !

4 comments:

  1. This is truly wonderful news! We will continue praying that Michael's recovery goes smoothly. Our Go Red event is going well, and I continue to be inspired by Michael's progress. Our love to you all..

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael and Sherry,

    I am so happy to hear that you are comfortably at home. I know it will be nice to finally get to sleep through the night without doctors and nurses poking and prodding at all hours of the night! We continue to pray for your full and speedy recovery. Thinking of you often....

    April Owen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! So glad you are home, and all together. Wishing you a peaceful and restful Shabbat. With love,

    The Marcottes

    ReplyDelete
  4. "yes we can" - you guys made it - overcame the worse episode ever in your young life; Michael might be facing a temporarly drustic changes in his daily routine , please take your time, be patient - life is good. so m a n y people love you and wishing you total speedy recovery
    hang on there
    Sherry thank you so much for all your love and support of my Boss and dear friend
    it ws great seeing you. glad to know maxi is
    happy in her new school
    shabat shalom
    all my love, etty

    ReplyDelete