Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Post 22

It's been a long couple of days.

We are settling again after the excitement of the weekend and we are following all of the doctors orders. My mom and dad went back to Florida after coming up to help me "deal", and "Michael heal".

Seriously, I don't know what we would have done without Marty and Joan here with us through this first difficult month. There were so many meals, errands, appointments, phone calls, and messages of all kinds.I could never have managed it all myself.

Today was our first scheduled follow up appointment with the cardiologist.We talked more about diet, and medications, and Dr Petrucci patiently answered all of our questions. One big question which Michael has been waiting to ask is if he can start to work from home. The answer was a resounding no.But Michael was given a prescription to go to cardio rehab, and he is happy that the doctor said that after two weeks he can ask again about working a few hours a day from home.

So for now we will continue to enjoy each others company.Try to sleep well at night, and eat well and get a little rest during the day.

I hope that everyone is finding these posts a good way to stay up to date with Michael's progress.We appreciate the support from everyone and the wonderful feedback we get.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry and Mike,(my favorite boss)
    I check your messages everyday to see if Michael is feeling better. I'm certain that you will be feeling better and stronger with each passing day.
    You are always in my thoughts and will continue to be in my prayers.
    Carol Weisman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry and Michael,
    Now that I've read this update, that will be much less for you to have to explain...maybe even the "where are you?" as well. I hope you're enjoying your new exercises as I write and just let you know that Jaime and I are really happy to hear of your progress. Talk to you later,
    I love you both, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michael,

    I just wanted to let you know that we are all so happy to hear that you are home and on your way to a full recovery. Can't wait to see you back around the office again. Best Wishes,

    Dayna Parker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going well. Be patient, take it easy, take care of yourself. See you when you are back.

    Nick Judge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry & Michael,

    I'm so glad to hear that you are progressing daily, Michael. I can't wait to hear your insurance wisdom again, but I can wait as long as you need to heal. Don't come back too soon, even though I know that working is your passion! Enjoy your time with your lovely wife, who is obviously head over heals in love with you!

    Take care, Michelle Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I check in often to check on the healing progress and thought I would write this time as well! Please continue to be diligent and patient. It will all be worth it once you have gained full recovery. The work stuff can (and will) wait Stay focused and all of your coworkers and friends will welcome you back before you know it! I am definitely missing the emails that I nicknamed 'the lists'...Michael's lists of thoughts of exactly how each account should progress. Well here's my list for you:
    -get rest and give your body the chance to heal
    -follow all diet and exercise instructions
    -adjust to medications
    -don't rush to get back to work
    -enjoy your loved ones more than ever
    Dawn Brost
    Maxum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Michael and Sherry,
    Greetings from San Diego! I have been following your progress and it's good to hear that you are back home. Please take care and just take it easy. Follow the doctors orders and we will see you soon. I will bring back some 75 degree weather on Monday!

    Dina Arocena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Michael and Sherry,
    I have been following the progress for a couple weeks now, but I just didn't have the words the convey what i was feeling. When I heard about it, I was so very shocked, but now I am so very glad and relieved that you are home and that things are going well. I hope that things only get better from here. Take care, and God bless

    Jay Goldstein

    ReplyDelete