Monday, February 2, 2009

Post 21

Well I guess I should have never said that things were quiet

We had a little setback yesterday,when the home care nurse felt that Michael's blood pressure was a little to low.She sent us to the hospital, since the Cardiologists office hours were over for the day.They kept us in the emergency room for 4 hours while they monitored Michael's heart rate and blood pressure. Then they decided to keep us overnight for observation.

A little different plan than the one were thinking of. A nice quiet dinner and then relax and watch a movie.

More needles and tests was not as much fun. But what can I say. It's part of the whole deal right now.But everything is fine. All the tests came back normal so we get to come home and resume where we paused.

I guess we signed up for the full "Heart attack package." Not the one where they send you home to fend for your self.In other words, it's a pain, but really nice to know that Michael is being so well cared for and that his doctors want to watch him so carefully. Abington Hospital is an amazing place.

But we were really glad to be abe to be home for the super Bowl.
Please keep the comments coming. They make us feel connected to the world out there.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike & Sherry. We're all so glad to hear that you're home & doing well. After reading Sherry's last Post, I think that if you saw Sam's slide-show of The Wing Bowl, your pressure would have gone up & you could have avoided that trip to Abington.

    Seriously, keep up the good work.

    Bob Sobel & everyone at Oxford Insurance - Ron Pinsker & Rosanna Moses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike and Sherry
    So glad to know M



    ichael is taking many steps forward; I will vote for you Michael to the next
    dancing with the stars - as you are our star
    you are on the right way - the one and only way - full recovery no need for navigation system
    Hope to see you soon
    miss you , love you
    Etty
    keep up the

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike and Sherry: I hope all is well and you enjoyed the Super Bowl which was a great game by the way. Mike I think about you everyday and you are always in my prayers. Rest, rest and rest some more and before you knwo it you will be back and better than ever! Susan Altrock IAT

    ReplyDelete